Monday, October 8, 2007

5 Reasons Why I Started a Blog

1. I was at work late, and trying to distract myself from my taks.
2. I have friends and family far away who I would like to keep updated on the life of Bryan and I. You won't be receiving a mass Christmas letter update from Bryan and I, so consider this as a substitute. (maybe next year).
3. My little sister has one, and I would like to be like her when I grow up. Actually, I would like to be able to post on her blog, without being anonymous.
4. I need some writing practice, as I am getting a little rusty. If you want to know the truth, I was invited into a writing group this summer, only to realize that I would have nothing to actually bring. I am not the only person in the history of time to think of herself as a writer, without actually ever having written anything. I know this, because one of my friends has confessed to me that she is in the same boat. We are currently recovering, and trying to be more honest.
5. I can't think of a fifth one, and its dinner time. I wrote the title before I actually had five reasons.

2 comments:

momma t said...

5 reasons I'm happy you started a blog:
1) you write beautifully
2) you have important things to say to the world that not many people know how to say or even think
3) It will give you practice so you can un-rust your writing skills
4) You will never send out a Christmas letter :)
5) Best of all, I will get to read it

Unknown said...

yay for blogs! i look forward to reading/looking at your blog often, especially once we move away. glad you found mine, too! see you tonight.