Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"The Wild Rose"

Here is something that I did not write. But it says something that I find to be very real. I shared this with my husband Bryan. He is the one that I choose every day.

by Wendell Berry
for his wife

Sometimes hidden from me
in daily custom and in trust,
so that I live by you unaware
as by the beating of my heart,

Suddenly you flare in my sight,
a wild rose blooming at the edge
of thicket, grace and light
where yesterday was only shade,

and once again I am blessed, choosing
again what I chose before.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this poem! It's one that is special for my parents-in-law as well.

Thorny Quaker said...

Great Poem. Why can't Hallmark be more like Wendell Berry? I enjoyed your post. I had to laugh about a writer who seldom writes...me, too. I even got as far as being offered a contract once but backed out. Hope you're smarter than that. lol

Anyway, great blog. I'm looking forward to dropping in once in a while.

Stan